Position: Laboratory Assistant
Position type: Full time
Closing date: Friday 12 March 2021
Melbourne Pathology is one of Victoria’s largest diagnostic pathology laboratories, committed to providing high quality health care throughout metropolitan Melbourne and regional Victoria. The laboratory is centrally located in Collingwood, close to Melbourne CBD and well served by public transport.
A vacancy exists for a Laboratory Assistant to join the team in the Histology laboratory.
Applicants will be involved in the receipt, triage and accessioning of biopsy specimens as well as other laboratory tasks. Experience in specimen reception or histology would be an advantage and the ability to work as part of a team in a busy environment, is essential.
The position is full-time (38 hours/week) in the main laboratory in Collingwood with rotating day and evening shifts Monday to Friday.
Enquiries can be made to Louise Douglas (Manager – Anatomical Pathology) at email@example.com.
Applications can be sent via email to Louise Douglas at
Applications close Friday 12 March 2021.
Melbourne Pathology is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Department Manager to lead our Chemical Pathology Department. This is a large and growing department that performs testing in the disciplines of Chemical Pathology and Toxicology. The duties include the responsibility for the administrative, budgetary, scientific and technical activities of the department.
- Extensive experience in a high volume diagnostic laboratory with Australian industry experience specifically in chemical pathology.
- Experience in implementing and operating large scale laboratory automation
- Knowledge of quality assurance systems, quality systems and accreditation requirements
- Demonstrated high level interpersonal and communication skills, highly organised with attention to detail
- Demonstrated staff management skills – including the ability to recruit, train, evaluate, develop staff as necessary
- Experience in implementing and maintaining laboratory equipment
- Experience in development of new protocols and assays
- High level of initiative, self-direction and accountability for actions is required
- Understanding of and commitment to OH&S
Applicants must have an appropriate Science degree, Applied Science degree or equivalent with qualification relevant to Chemical Pathology. Post-graduate qualifications in Business Administration or Chemical Pathology are advantageous. This is a full time position (76 hours per fortnight).
In addition to addressing the position requirements, please include the following
- Confirmation of your current residency and right to work in Australia
- Notice period required to commence employment
Phone enquiries to Robyn Woodburn on 03 9287 7716.
Applications can be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail to
103 Victoria Pde
Collingwood VIC 3066
Applications close Monday 15 March 2021
Position: Medical Billing Clerk/Customer Service Officer
Position type: Full time
Closing Date: Friday 26 March 2021
Melbourne Pathology is an established medical practice and is managed by a group of specialist pathologists. Our central laboratory is located in Victoria Parade, Collingwood and provides access to pathology services 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
A vacancy exists for a full time employee in our Accounts Receivable department working 76.00 hours per fortnight.
The position will require the incumbent to work 5 days per week, between the hours of 8:00am – 5:00pm.
Duties will include:
- Answering a high volume of calls and assisting patients with their medical account enquiries
- Timely and accurate processing of payments in a high volume environment
- Liaising with Medicare/DVA/WorkCover and the Private Health Funds
- Investigation and follow up of outstanding aged accounts.
The successful applicant must have exceptional customer service and communication skills as well as a professional telephone manner, have excellent numerical skills, and able to work in a high pressure environment.
Previous experience in the health-care industry and knowledge of the Medicare rebate system would be highly advantageous.
Applications should be sent by email to MPS-RMS-Accounts@mps.com.au or by mail to:
Rita Machuca – Accounts Supervisor
GPO Box 1661
Melbourne VIC 3001
Applications close on Friday 26 March 2021.
Please note, only successful candidates will be contacted.