Position: Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable Clerk
Position type: Full time (Maternity leave position)
Closing Date: Friday 29 January 2021
Melbourne Pathology is an established medical practice and is managed by a group of specialist pathologists. Our central laboratory is located in Victoria Parade, Collingwood and provides access to pathology services 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
A vacancy exists for a full time employee in both our Accounts Receivable (AR) and Payable (AP) Department, working 76.00 hours per fortnight.
The position will require the incumbent to work 5 days per week, between the hours of 8:00am – 5:00pm.
AR Duties will include:
- Answering a high volume of calls and assisting patients with their medical account enquiries
- Timely and accurate processing of payments in a high volume environment
- Liaising with Medicare/DVA/WorkCover and the Private Health Funds
- Investigation and follow up of outstanding aged accounts.
AP Duties will include:
- Accurate processing of invoices and claim forms
- Processing of weekly and ad hoc payment runs
- Bank reconciliations and creditor account reconciliations
- Credit card reconciliations.
The successful applicant must have exceptional customer service and communication skills, a professional telephone manner, excellent numerical and problem solving skills, attention to detail, as well as the ability to work in a high pressure environment.
Accounts Payable experience or a basic understanding of Accounting is preferred. Intermediate skills on Microsoft Excel and a working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Outlook is required.
Previous experience in the health-care industry and knowledge of the Medicare rebate system would be highly advantageous.
Applications close on Friday 29 January and should be sent by email to Rita Machuca - Accounts Supervisor at MPS-RMS-Accounts@mps.com.au.
Please note, only successful candidates will be contacted.
Medical Scientist - Grade 2 (Sole Scientist in charge, 8 month position covering LSL)
An exciting, full time (M-F 9am - 5pm) opportunity exists for a suitably qualified medical laboratory scientist to join our laboratory in Ballarat. The laboratory performs testing within the disciplines of Haematology and Chemical Pathology, servicing the needs of the local general practices.
• Strong interpersonal skills, with proven experience in communicating and negotiating at all levels of an organisation. Your leadership skills will ensure team efficiency, development and excellence in customer service at all times.
• Significant experience (more than 5 years) in a diagnostic laboratory with Australian industry experience specifically Haematology and Chemical Pathology.
• The ability to work unsupervised is essential.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Understanding of and commitment to OH&S
• Knowledge of quality assurance systems and scientific instrumentation/equipment
• Supervisory experience would be advantageous.
In addition to addressing the position requirements, please include the following:
• Confirmation of your current residency and right to work in Australia
• Notice period required to commence employment
Applicants must have a degree in Medical Laboratory Science from an AIMS accredited university or Graduate Membership of AIMS (MAIMS).
Applications to: MPS-RMS-RegionalLabs@mps.com.au
Enquiries to Angela Benic on (03) 9287 7849
Applications close Friday 22 January 2021