Position type: Full time
Applications close: 30/03/2020
An opportunity exists for a Grade 1 Scientist to join our Microbiology Department.
Successful applicants will have a degree in laboratory medicine (BApp Sc (MLS) or equivalent) and relevant experience in a clinical diagnostic microbiology laboratory.
- Experience in a microbiology diagnostic laboratory with Australian industry experience
- Gram stains, cell counts, crystal analysis, processing positive blood cultures
- The ability to work as part of a busy team and lead the evening staff teams
- Participation in the educational and quality assurance activities of the department
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Understanding of and commitment to OH&S
- Knowledge of quality assurance systems and scientific instrumentation/equipment.
The position will commence in April 2020. This is a full- time position, 76 hours per fortnight including public holidays, on call and weekend shifts.
NOTE: Job share arrangement would be considered.
In addition to addressing the position requirements, please include the following:
- Confirmation of your current residency and right to work in Australia
- Notice period required to commence employment.
Applications close on Monday 30 March 2020.
Applications can be sent via Seek, or by email to MPS-RMS-Microbiology@mps.com.au.