Skin Cancer surgical audit
Designed to improve the quality of patient care and outcomes, our Skin Cancer Surgical Audit allows referring doctors to participate in a comparative review of their personal findings against those of their peer group and the general practitioner cohort.
Features of our clinical audit - skin cancer surgical audit
- Enrolment is available to any doctor who refers skin pathology to a Sonic Healthcare pathology practice.
- We believe a clinical audit should be representative of your actual clinical practice, so we do not set a minimum number of lesions that you must refer.
- On submitting cases to the audit, an interval report and evaluation will be available in your account.
- All results are completely confidential.
- The inclusion of the peer group category allows you to reflect on your outcomes in the context of GPs in similar practices (e.g. general practitioner plus skin cancer work; dedicated skin cancer practitioner). You receive statistically relevant feedback about:
- Your own personal performance
- Performance of GPs within your peer group
- Performance of the overall GP cohort
- Clear graphs allow easy interpretation of your diagnostic and collection skills.
The collaboration of Sonic Healthcare pathology practices across Australia means that you are part of one of the largest clinical audits of its kind, with access to an enormous data pool of lesions.
RACGP - QI & CPD Category 1 points
40 points on completion of two time intervals. Doctors complete and submit an evaluation questionnaire on receipt of each surgical audit report. (Additional Category 1 points are available for doctors who complete further sets of time intervals.) Qualifies as a QI activity and also eligible for specific interest requirement for Surgery.
ACRRM - PRPD points
30 PRPD + 30 Surgery MOPS points per triennium for the completion of two time intervals. Doctors complete and submit an evaluation questionnaire on receipt of each surgical audit report. (Additional core points are available for doctors who complete further sets of time intervals.)
Click the link below to register.
Once registered, you will receive a confirmation email and your personalised surgical audit request forms.
Please note that surgical audit forms are compatible with all commonly used practice management software but are only available in A4 format.
Easy data collection using specialised surgical audit request forms
When collecting specimens, use the special surgical audit request forms from Melbourne Pathology and simply add the additional clinical data on the back of the form. We use this information to collate your individual report.
Receive your report
The clinical audit report is generated at the end of each reporting period. It contains statistically relevant feedback about your own practice in comparison to that of your peer group and general practitioner cohort.
Submit your personal evaluation questionnaire at the end of each reporting period
The clinical audits is based on reviewing the reports and submitting personal evaluation questionnaires for two consecutive time intervals in the triennium.
For further information contact your Business Development Manager on 03 9287 7700.
Personalised surgical audit request forms
A feedback report covering each audit period.
The Report includes:
- Number of patients
- Number of new lesions
- Percentage of new lesions tested that were malignant
- Percentage of excised lesions that were malignant
- Number of lesions tested to find one melanoma
- Diagnostic accuracy
- Margin adequacy (where applicable)
- Breakdown of surgical management procedures
- Surgical Audit Diagnostic Accuracy Table comparing your provisional diagnosis with the historical diagnosis for all new lesions
- Episode summaries are issued in .csv format compatible with Excel. They include patient demographics and all data captured in the audit database.
- Progress reports are issued in .pdf format with your personal data. Progress reports enable you to review your outcomes at any time and are of particular value when you have modified your clinical process or procedures.
New report features
- Dermatoscopy usage and diagnostic accuracy
- Regional NNT values