Melbourne Pathology's hallmarks are accuracy, quality and customer service. We are a medically-managed practice and understand clinicians and their needs. Some of the services we offer are listed below. If you require more detailed information on these services, or other pathology services not shown here, please contact our Business Development team on 9287 7700.
In addition to pathology tests we offer a range of additional services:
- Advice on infection control for hospitals, aged care facilities and surgeries
- Bone marrow collections by pathologists
- Autologous collection
- ECG service (performed at all collection centres)
- Holter monitor service (performed at selected collection centres)
- 24-hour blood pressure monitoring service (performed at selected collection centres)
- Dedicated team of cardiologists reporting ECGs and holter monitors based at our main laboratory
- Fine needle aspiration (FNA) service by pathologists
- Helicobacter pylori breath testing
Our 24-hour courier service is designed to ensure quick result turnaround time. In the event of an urgent pathology result or requirement, an urgent courier service can be arranged by contacting the Courier Department. We also offer pathology supplies for collection and these can be delivered to you by arrangement.
To contact the Courier Department call (03) 9287 7788
A home visiting service is available for ill and infirm patients requiring specimen collection or electrocardiograph tracings and includes visits to aged care facilities. Home visiting bookings can only be made by the referring doctor or clinic staff. We cannot accept bookings made by patients. Home visiting is a unique service provided by Melbourne Pathology.